Monday, June 2, 2008

Evan (and Dylan's) Bedroom

Well...thank you to everyone who left comments about decorating Evan's room. I forgot to mention my budget was UNDER $50! No joke! But, I loved all the ideas and Danielle, I am hoping I can get that China mural for our rec room! It would be so cool.

Luckily I had already purchased matching bed sets for Evan and Dylan so that was one expense I didn't have. We had also put up a few skateboards as "shelving" for Dylan and we used a hockey stick for a curtain rod so I did have some "funky" stuff in there already. I also found a few other things for quite cheap and just did what I could. It looks sweet and we will add more pictures, items, etc...once Evan is home and we know a bit more about what he likes. I know the "Twinkle Twinkle" part doesn't necessarily go with the big boy sports theme but I wanted (needed!) something little boyish in there!!!

As always the room looks way better in "real life" than what the pictures show but here's peek into the room! (And Krista, we did have a fish tank so that was already in there...it's pretty neat!)

Evan's side of the room - the blanket at the end of the bed was hand knit by Chris' mom and it says "Evan Jun" across it. It's very cute!

A few colorful Chinese lanterns, skateboard shelves and my sweet Twinkle Twinkle...(LOL)



Dylan's side of the room - he also has a very fancy chinese lantern hanging over his bed...we got this from our city's Chinese New Year celebration.


Supposed to be a shot of the room but didn't quite capture it...You get the idea!

THANKS again for all your help! Now to get Evan home and sleeping in that bed!

4 comments:

The Carmodys said...

It looks great Tammy! He's going to love it.

k

Danielle said...

The room looks awesome Tammy! I especially love the hand knit blanket with his name on it - what a fantastic gift for him to come home to!

Unknown said...

Love the room! It looks great!!!
Only a few more days now and Evan will be all cozy under that beautiful blanket!!

Krista
How is the fish tank working for you?? is it a lot of work?

Tao's Mommy said...

Very cool room. Evan will be so exicted and love it!!!