Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Getting closer!

Well, we finally have the packing under control. It's all sitting on the bed and I need to fit it in the suitcase and make sure it weighs less than 44 pounds. I have one huge suitcase full of donations for the Liuzhou orphanage and I haven't dared to weigh it yet! Yikes!

Our little foster daughter left today...she has been with us for several months but she has to go to another foster home while we are away in China and then home transitioning with Evan. I felt so sad to say goodbye to her this morning although she is going to be staying with a really fantastic couple.

I've ordered the US money at the bank and have to pick it up on Thursday. Other than that, I think we are pretty much ready to go.

I'm feeling a lot of emotions today...I'm terrified to be honest. I'm not sure if it's because of the long, long trip ahead of us, because we're adopting an older child and not sure what to expect or because I'm leaving 2 of my children behind. I'm sure it's a mixture of all that...
-
Of course, I am also very excited about FINALLY seeing Evan in real life and having him with us! We haven't heard a word about him (and no pictures!) in 6 months!! I think I'm in denial because I can't believe it's actually going to happen after all this time!

Oh my goodness....

6 comments:

Nikki said...

Wow, I'm sure anyone in your position would be feeling all of those emotions! It seems so exciting, nerve racking, and scary all at once. Good luck packing!

Anonymous said...

I have been peeking at your blog for a few months now. My hubby and I are hoping to adopt 2 girls from Ethiopia in the next few years. I hadn't looked in on your blog for a while, and now I see you are preparing to leave! How exciting! Best wishes to you as you meet your Evan for the first time! I can't wait to read about it. How wonderful :)
Claire
Vancouver, BC, Canada

Carolyn said...

Tammy- I just wanted to say good luck and have fun. I hope that you have a great trip and that meeting Evan is everything you dreamed about and more! I am looking forward to meeting your new addition. All the best!

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finally being able to travel! Good luck with everything and I hope you have a safe trip. I can't wait for you to post some pictures of Evan!

Alicia in NL

Unknown said...

I've been thinking of you everyday!
No pics and no info! I thank god that you are traveling now and not later!!!
You just need to be together! I'm sure you'll feel like a weight has been lifted the moment you see him!!
Take care!!
krista

Is Eight Enough? said...

SO EXCITED for you!!! !Can't wait to hear all!!! Be safe and relax - God did this. He will carry you through!!

Justine :o)