Thursday, June 5, 2008

Date Night with Dylan

So last night I had a date with one of the cutest boys around - my Dylan! I had promised him we could go on a "date" before our trip to China just so we could spend some special, one-on-one time. It was up to him to pick the restaurant and activity....well, he chose supper at Subway and then wanted to go to the movies to see "Indiana Jones".
He loved Indiana Jones...I had forgotten how corny those movies were! There were some funny parts but the movie was so far fetched. And of course, Dylan wanted to repeat every single scene to me once we left the movie theatre...I'm like "Yes, I remember - I was there!"
Anyway...we did have a great night! It was so sweet because for days leading up to our big "date" he kept saying how excited he was about it. So, he was in very good spirits the whole night and we really had a great time.

Chris and I used to do special nights like this with the kids quite often but since this adoption thing I feel like we've put a lot of things on hold. I can't wait to get back from China, get settled and then get on with life again. I hate that I feel like my life is on hold and this huge burden is hanging over my head.

Still lots to do to prepare for China as we have to get all our money in order and in US bills, traveler cheques, etc... We are also in the process of transitioning our foster daughter to another home while we are away and settling in with Evan. She will be leaving on Tuesday so we can have a few days with our kids before we go.

I finally took Caleb in to get his immunizations so that's done! We also received our Chinese visas and our travel package with all our needed paperwork and information so that's exciting!

We are definitely getting closer and closer to our Evan. I believe this!

I haven't been taking many pictures lately but here are a couple...


The crazy duo


Alyssa at Chinese School (we go on Saturday mornings).

See the little boy in the middle? We call him "little Evan" because he reminds us of Evan. The boys and I LOVE watching him and the boys also get a big kick out of him because I try to talk to him every class and this little boy refuses to speak to me. I keep trying...one of these days he will be my friend!!

5 comments:

Tao's Mommy said...

Ahhh.....your date night sounded like a FUN night!!! I cant believe your leaving so soon. Are you excited??? As for travellers checks.....dont take them.....big hassel!!!

So are you going to be posting in China?? Facebook worked great too. I just downloaded SKYPE and its awesome. Channing's best friend is getting adopted this coming Monday and now they will be able to talk and see eachother on monday through SKYPE.....I cant wait!!!!

Jeanne said...

I was so glad to read this happy post! I have been worrying for you and your family after reading some earlier posts. I wish you lots more happy family moments like this one, especially once the newest member arrives!

Unknown said...

Excellent Tammy! Although your posts makes me worried because I haven't started to get "China ready" yet, oh oh!! LOL
I did send away the immigration stuff like you said! Thank you for the push! LOL
Found out this morning that Linlin's care package arrived, and it was very well received!
Krista

Anonymous said...

Date night? Wow, this sounds like something my mom and I used to do when we were younger! Great times, only now I'm taking her out ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow...Caleb and Dylan really look a lot alike in that picture. Such handsome boys! :)

Dawn