Saturday, June 28, 2008

On Canadian Soil!

WOW, wow, wow! I can't believe we are back in Canada...in our own house and sleeping in our own cozy beds! It feels great.

Evan and Caleb were both great on the trip home...they slept lots (Chris and I didn't sleep at all!). We finally arrived back to PEI on Friday morning at 11:00. What a long trip. When we turned the corner in our subdivision we were blown away by the crowd of children and people waiting to welcome home Evan (and the rest of us, I'm sure)! Evan was yelling and pulling to get out of his carseat when he saw all the people! He jumped out of the van and started saying "Ni Hao" to everyone. Everywhere he went, a group of kids followed him. It was fantastic to come home and see our friends and family!

I have to be honest...I was extremely nervous to come home and start life with Evan - last time I had a horrible time with jetlag and with adjusting with Alyssa at home. So, I felt overwhelmed at the idea of doing again. Seeing our friends and family there really helped ease the anxiety and being able to talk and laugh with Engish speaking people was great! :-)

Today...(Saturday) Evan is doing fabulous. He loves his brother, Dylan and is following him around everywhere. Evan's cousins, Lauren and Michael are over playing and all the kids are getting along and enterntaining each other. It's given me a chance to unpack, start laundry, clean the house and Chris is cutting the lawn...I'm telling you - there is NO rest for the weary!

I promise to post some pictures some later....

THANK YOU for the wonderful comments you all left. I can't express how much it means to our family to know so many people care about us and especially for our new son, Evan. Adoption is such an amazing experience but it is one that has to be shared with others in order to get through it. So, thank you to each and every one of you!!!

More to come....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy you are home and everything went well! I've been stalking your blog to see the "Home" update. Congrats again to all of you. Susan, Emily and Julia

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Welcome home to all of you! Glad the transition is going well so far.

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

xo

Nikki said...

I am so glad the flight went well and Evan is HOME! Your description of everyone waiting almost brought tears to me eyes. Have a great first weekend home!

Anonymous said...

I was so happy to read of your wonderful homecoming! Happy Canada Day weekend!! :)
Shelley in BC

The Carmodys said...

So good to hear from you - glad you arrived home safe and sound. What a beautiful welcome home you had.

Thank you so much for sharing this journey with us. It's been so fun to travel along with you (so to speak) and relive some of our expereinces too. I've loved following your journey and hope you'll continue to keep us posted on how things are going.

Now go and start your life as a family of six!

k

Monique said...

Welcome home, so glad you're all home safely and Evan is adjusting. I bet it was a long trip and I am so happy you are all home safe and sound. Can't wait until it's my turn to adopt, you are such a special family and I am glad to have found you!
Hugs,
Monique

Is Eight Enough? said...

Tammy,

Wow, you are home with your little guy!! How wonderful! And what an amazing homecoming! Too touching!

Looking forward to more details!

Justine

Danielle said...

Glad that you are all home safely and Evan is loving family life! Can't wait to see some pictures!