Thursday, June 12, 2008

It all fit!

I finished all the packing yesterday and took the suitcases to the airport to have them weighed! YAY, we were under the weight limit and I packed everything in 2 suitcases! I fit clothes for all 4 of us in ONE suitcase. I couldnt' believe it. I packed another smaller suitcase for other items like snacks, some extra medicines, misc. items and a few extra pair of shoes for me! :-)




I also filled one large suitcase full of donations - cozy fleece blankets made by some wonderful ladies, toothbrushes, toothpaste, bibs, socks, face cloths and some other baby things. Luckily, it was also under weight restriction!! So, when we return home we'll have an empty suitcase if we do end up buying "stuff".
All set to go!! Yahoo!
-
On another note...Chris and I have received some very nice emails that have greatly blessed us and encouraged us as we head out on our journey. I just want to personally thank everyone for their kind comments on our blog and the beautiful emails we have received.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, good luck to you guys and have fun! Your lives are about to change all over again :D

Anonymous said...

We can't wait until you are with your handsome new son. May you have a wonderful and safe trip to China and home again. Susan, Emily and Julia

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

We're so excited for you Tammy! I look so forward to reading your blog posts (I expect as much detail as Alyssa's...hint-hint).

Have a safe journey and can't wait to see you all together as one big family!
xxoo

Danielle said...

Well, this is it my friend! I am so excited for you that you will be meeting your son very soon! I can't wait to hear about everything!

Safe travels!

--Danielle

Anonymous said...

We wish you all the best on you r travels. May God keep you all safe and healthy.
We pray He will be with you away and your kids at home.

Safe travels!
How exciting!

Bob & Alice VanderZwaag
(Our papers are in Ethiopia)

Jill, Trevor, Kohl, Aliah said...

I want to wish you safe and wonderful travels as you FINALLY travel to wrap your arms around Evan.
Looking forward to hearing all about it and see pictures of that sweet face.

Jill

Unknown said...

So Tammy, what are you doing in September? Wanna pack my luggage for me??? LOL

Have a wonderful trip, I'll be thinking of you often.
Krista

Karen Nieuwhof said...

Wahoo! Well I guess this is it. Tomorrow! It's finally here!
God bless your travels and first meeting. ALL the best!

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful journey adn are able to treasure all the firsts of the trip!

Shelley in BC

Dianne said...

Who could have imagined all this last December??

Have a wonderful trip meeting Evan. I can't wait to hear all about it!

Sarah Rodgerson said...

Good luck and have a wonderful trip!! I cannot wait to meet Evan in person.