Sunday, January 20, 2008

Lump of Clay

Take a lump of clay,
Wet it, pat it
Make a statue of you
And a statue of me.
Then shatter them, clatter them
Add some water,
And break them and mold them
Into a statue of you
And a statue of me.
Then in mine are bits of you
And in you there are bits of me.
Nothing shall ever keep us apart.

Kuan Tao Shang
(Sung Dynasty)

**
Chris and I handed in all our new paperwork on Friday and our Social Worker handed in our new homestudy and new reference letters. All we need now is the Letter of Approval from our Province. I know it's not a problem to be approved, it's a matter of how long it takes for them to write the letter for us. We would really like to get all our documents sent to our agency on Tuesday and then we could have our referral by Friday...you know what that means...PICTURES!!!!

Our agency directors are in China and they are going to visit the orphanage where our little guy is from. They will be finding out some information on his speech and if he has some speech issues. They are also checking hearing and teeth as both of those can be problematic in cleft children. We are not anticipating anything major but we want to be prepared. We want to have our hospitals and speech teams prepared here in PEI as well! Hopefully when they visit our little guy they will get updates on his measurements and more pictures. They are also taking a care package to him for us and we've done a beautiful scrapbook of our family - I had it lamenated so he could use it like a book.

I am getting more and more anxious every day...the kids are, too. They are talking about their little brother everyday and thinking of all the great things they can do together.

Right now, the boys and Alyssa are thinking up ways to save up money or earn money so they can pay their airfare to China. It would be our dream if we could all go together to pick up our little guy. I know it would make his transition a lot easier to have children to play with and run around with. So...we'll see what happens in the next few months....

So excited...
Tammy

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Very excited for you Tammy!! Can't wait until you have some pictures of him!!!

Dianne said...

That's a beautiful poem. Hope you get to see some pictures of your little guy soon!

Deb said...

OK I am totally out of the loop all together, I just did a 360 this morning threw your blog and then skipped over to my yahoo account to check out anything I missed and apparently I missed something REALLY BIG!
I am so happy for you guys! Isn't it exciting when God shows up and clearly points you to your destiny!
Looking forward to meeting your son! Praying for clear sailing until you are all united!
God Bless you even more!!!!
Hugz Deb and Shane