Thursday, January 24, 2008

Alyssa's GOTCHA DAY Anniversary!





3 years ago today we held and saw our Alyssa for the first time! There are no words to describe what it's like to touch & hold your child after MONTHS of dreaming about her, crying for her, praying for her, staring at her picture and talking about her (until no one wants to hear it anymore!). Nothing could have prepared Chris and I for how incredible "the moment" would actually be.

When we saw Alyssa for the first time, she was being held by a nanny and she was crying hard. The director called our names to come forward and we knew this was the moment. I couldn't stop crying but when Alyssa saw me, she stopped crying and actually put her arms out to me and leaned away from her nanny. It was like she had been waiting for me to come and get her and she knew I was her mommy!
I know I posted our "gotcha" video a few months ago but we couldn't remember today without watching it again!

You can go here to read all about it...this post was written the day we received Alyssa. Scroll down until you see "Day 4 - Gotcha Day".

Oh...it brings back so many memories...I hope all of you who are waiting to hold your children for the first time will have it happen very soon!

ALSO... a huge THANK YOU to the many, many friends who emailed me to hear "the story". It was really nice to be able to share it with you and share some of our stress! You are such great friends!

6 comments:

Nikki said...

That definitely made me more than a little teary eyed :) That is so great that you have it on video!

Nikki

Dianne said...

I love that video... it gets me dreaming...

A very happy Gotcha Day to Alyssa!

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

happy 3rd gotcha day!

By the way, I'd love to hear the story too...

Deanna said...

So beautiful...happy anniversary MacKinnon family!

Ricki said...

Awww, made me cry (in a good way). It sure stirs up a lot of emotion!
Ricki

sandi said...

Tears!!!!

Sandi