Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A little bit of this and that...

About the "Pay It Foward" - in case you thought I was sounding harsh...I do realize that MANY of my faithful readers do not have blogs of their own. I am sure they will be paying it forward in other ways. I also know that many of my fellow blogging friends are already participating in this. And, maybe, just maybe, some of you know how useless I am when it comes to making homemade items - you were afraid of what you might get! Ha - well, I'm going to surprise you all and make sure Chase gets a fabulous handmade gift! I'll be sure to post a picture of what I make for him and then you will all be so sorry you didn't join in! ha ha ha......

Adoption news...

Chris and I (and all the kids) met with our Provincial Adoption Coordinator yesterday to make sure everything was in place for our new dossier! It is complete! And it should be sent off right away...she said she couldn't give us an answer on when, though! Why not??? Everything is there and ready to go???? Why can't it be sent TODAY??????

This is the good news...we have the most AMAZING agency ever!! They have been so great to deal with my panicked phone calls and my high level of stress trying to get all our paperwork redone in record time! Once we send China our "Letter of Acceptance", we need to wait for a "letter of confirmation" from China. This has been taking up to 4 months!!! It takes about 4 months because the adoption offices (CCAA) in China have to search through thousands of dossiers to find the right one as most times families send their dossiers FIRST to China and then months later get matched with a Waiting Child. Well, for us, our dossier is going to CCAA with our letter of Acceptance so no one has to search through thousands of files to find our dossier. Clear as mud?? The bottom line is: this will shave off at least a couple of months for us which means we can travel quicker. We are still hoping to travel with a group in June but we'll see how the timeline all works out.

Also, I have a story I want to share so bad but I can't post it on the internet because you never know who will be reading it!!! If you want to hear the story you can email me at tammymackinnon@pei.sympatico.ca and I will send out a mass email to everyone who wants to hear it. The adoption community will get the seriousness of the situation probably better than others but still...a heartstopping story for me!

When oh when will I be able to post pictures of our new son????????????????????????????

4 comments:

sandi said...

Love to hear your story, I could use a good one today :)

So glad things are going well in your new adoption!!! Can't wait to see him!

Sandi
sandifunk@gmail.com

Deanna said...

I would like you hear your story Tammy. I bet Chase will get a nice gift from you, LOL. I knew I couldn't participate because I am not creative at all and I would feel bad sending people something that I made.
I hope your paperwork gets sent off this week!!!

Lisa, Pierre, Marika,Karelle, Yakim, Tarik and Zavier said...

I also can't wait to hear that your paperwork has been sent off.. Keep us posted.. oh and of course to see a picture of your son !

I would also like to be included in the email of the story you would like to share !

Lisa

Nikki said...

Hi Tammy... thanks for the comment! I have $1500 more to raise, but I am really confident that I will be able to do that through my blogs!

Nikki