Monday, January 28, 2008

Adoption Update

Okay...I lost it a little today when I was speaking with the office of adoptions here in PEI.

Last Tuesday we met with the Provincial Adoption Coordinator and were told everything was ready to go in our dossier.

The next day, Wednesday, our Social Worker called to say they had to order a new "child protection check" and that it would be done that day. It takes one day to get back.

Fast foward to Friday (last week) and I met with the Adoption Coordinator again and she told me that our file HAD NOT been sent yet but her secretary was bringing papers to be signed that day and that she thought our letter of approval would be signed. She also said that our file would either be sent Friday (last week) or Monday (today).

I called her secretary today to confirm our dossier had been sent and to our shock she says our "child protection check" hadn't been done yet. What??? I asked her, politely at first, what the hold up was. I told her we were told that was to be done LAST Wednesday. She made some noises but didn't really say anything. Then I asked her if the Director had signed our Letter of Approval last Friday and she acted very confused by this and said "No" as if to say "why would he have signed it?" I said to her, not so polite anymore, "what is going on? We were told you were sending papers for him to sign on Friday. We were told our "child protection check" had been ordered last Wednesday. We have been working our butts off to make sure every piece of paperwork was REDONE and passed into YOUR office as quickly as possible and now you aren't doing anything with our file?" The secretary just kept saying, "We'll call you when we send it" I said to her "I know you'll call me but what good does that do me if it takes you weeks and months to get it sent!!"

I am really furious! There is no reason for them to be dragging their feet on this. We have done EVERYTHING they have asked us to do and we have done it quickly and efficiently. It really ticks me off because they know we can't see our official referral UNTIL they send our dossier to our agency. They know our referral is waiting for us and they don't care...in fact, I'm going to go so far and say they know our referral is waiting and they are making sure we don't see it anytime soon! Because it's all in their control and they are choosing to delay this!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That must be extremely frustrating. My day wasn't the best either. Hang in there though, it's all going to work out.

Danielle said...

Wow...that is frustrating Tammy!!! Boy oh boy I can COMPLETELY relate though!

Anonymous said...

Tammy...I feel like I am reading my own blog all over again...only they did all this and then turned Mei Lin's file down because she was 2 or 3 weeks too old...she was 2-3 weeks too old because they took forever to sign a single sheet of paper!! I certainly feel your frustration! Keep on them...especially after the referral comes...it took a month or more for ours to be sent after accepting...they did about three amendments after our acceptance. I'm just sitting here shaking my head!!! I just don't understand what they are trying to prove...they treat us like puppets on strings! I got your email...if I get some downtime over the next little while...I will work on something!! - Natalie