Saturday, December 29, 2007

Positive Vibes

Okay...from now on, I am focusing on all the things I have in my life that are positive, wonderful and bring me joy. The last few months have been difficult and I'm tired of having the "poor me" syndrome. And actually, that's not my style at all! I'm usually upbeat and positive so I need to refocus...I was sick over Christmas - very sick - I spent 4 straight days in bed and I think it's exactly what I needed to heal my body, heart and spirit!!!

My parents visited us for a few days and I think they sensed an unhappiness in me. They went out and bought me a Christian book called "Having a Mary heart in a Martha world" which is based on the bible verses about the sisters, Mary & Martha and their visit with Jesus. I am DEFINITELY a "Martha" and pretty much take the weight of the world on my shoulders. I should really be more like a "Mary" and sit back and hear Jesus in my life.
(Thanks Dad & Lynn!)

Now as they went on their way, he entered a certain village, where a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. She had a sister named Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet and listened to what he was saying. But Martha was distracted by her many tasks; so she came to him and asked, "Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to do all the work by myself? Tell her then to help me." But the Lord answered her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and distracted by many things; there is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part, which will not be taken away from her"
(Luke 10:38-42).

I am so excited about what's in store for our family!!!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I hope you are better at keeping positive than I am Tammy! LOL! I keep telling myself that I will...but it truly is hard sometimes through this process! You can do it though! :-)