Wednesday, December 19, 2007

It's so close!

So our file was supposed to be sent last Friday to Ethiopia so of course, I've been tracking it like crazy only to see NOTHING change for 3 days. We finally found out late Monday afternoon that is hadn't left Charlottetown yet. Do we have the best luck or what???!!! The Province made some phone calls for us and now I'm happy to say our file is well on its way. It left Frankfurt, Germany this morning so hopefully next stop is Addis Ababa??? They told me it should be there today. So, that's great. Now the hard part...I don't have any control over anything anymore...no more paperwork to get ready, no more money to scrounge up, no more tracking the progress of my file...now we wait to hear from our agency or Province about a referral. Kids Link is still saying 2-4 months but I'm really being optimistic for a much shorter time because of the age we are requesting (2-3 years old). It's all in God's hands now!

Tonight is Alyssa's first dance recital - we are so excited. Chris is already worried about how he will make it through without crying - too cute! Alyssa is very pumped!
*
Less than 1 week 'till Christmas! WOW, how did that happen?! We are waiting to hear some very important news on Friday - it could turn out to be fantastic news or very, very sad news. I'll let you know more when we find out.


The girls

The boys

3 comments:

Red Sand said...

Glad the file is finally and confirmably (is that a word?) on its way.

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Thank goodness that file is MOVING! Now, yes, you must sit back and wait. That must be so hard for someone like yourself who is such a "do-er". Hoping for a short time to referral.

Dying to know what Friday's news is. I'll keep checking back...

Merry Christmas!

Dianne said...

Yay! It consumes your mind, doesn't it? I mean, we only got our tracking number **after** our file had arrived, but when I'm waiting for an email or something from KL, I have to set goals for myself. "Ok, Dianne. You must wait ONE HOUR before you are allowed to check your email again."

Can't wait to hear that the eagle has landed!