Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Can we all go???

Chris and I have talked lots about when it's time to travel to Ethiopia. All along, Chris has said that he is not going to go as he really doesn't want to leave the kids for that long again (like when we went to China). I've been saying for months that I would really like ALL OF US to go - all the kids and both Chris and I. I think it would be an amazing trip for our family - not only because we will be together to meet our new daughter and sister but because we will be able to experience the culture and daily life of these incredible people. From what I've heard, the Ethiopian people are courageous, joyful and full of life even as they face incredible hardships with poverty and sickness. Our family is committed to helping as many children as we can in Ethiopia through Two Homes One Heart and being together in Ethiopia would be a life changing experience for all of us.

So, that's another area we need prayer! If all of us were to go it would cost about $7000 more than what we had planned. If you've been reading my last few posts, you will know how impossible that sounds! :-) Anyway...we have several months to make any decisions so this will be something I will be praying about, for sure!

We are all starting to feel the Christmas spirit now and getting excited about Christmas break! I'm glad there's snow 'cause we can go sledding over the break. Our kids love that!

I also found out that referrals WILL be happening over the Christmas break so maybe.....

3 comments:

Deb said...

I think that would be a treasured memory for sure.

Nikki said...

That would be such a great experience for you and your kids! I hope things all work out :)
Nikki

Nicky said...

Your boys are old enough, they definitely would get a lot out of the trip. That said, you can always go as a family in a couple of years... and save up for it.

Hard decision

Nicky