Monday, May 5, 2008

There is hope!

Over the weekend all the families in our travel group confirmed they had received their "letters". Ours did not come. This meant our travel dates would be September/October instead of June. I was absolutely heartbroken (just ask anyone who talked to me - I broke down and cried everytime).

I talked with our agency this morning and THERE IS HOPE for June! Our agency told us a few things about what had happened BUT they also said they are booking our flights for June. See, now even typing that makes me cry! Could I actually be holding my son in 5 short weeks??????

Our agency said our letter should come in the next 2-3 weeks. But, she did say if FOR SOME REASON, it doesn't come, we will not be able to travel until September. :-(

I was dreaming of Evan last night and the moment we actually see him for the first time. He was sitting in a room and we walked up the stairs and there he was. My heart was pounding and I (of course!) was crying and the 3 of us (Chris, Caleb and I) just couldn't believe that little boy sitting there was our Evan.

I don't know a whole lot right now...but I am holding on to the sparkle of hope from our agency...I know she is booking our tickets so the Director must feel confident that our Letter will come, right?

I prayed for a miracle all night...I am almost afraid to believe it can happen!

I'll keep you posted....

11 comments:

Is Eight Enough? said...

OH Tammy!!! Praying, praying, praying!!

Justine

Anonymous said...

Praying for you Tammy! Remember that the director is not the type of person to give you false hope!

Shelley in BC

Unknown said...

Ohhh Tammy!!!!!
My fingers and toes are crossed for you!!
I've been thinking of you! You know Yulin will do everything in her power to get you there!

Krista

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you're still waiting - our letter hasn't come yet either and we're a couple of weeks ahead of you so it's definitely touch and go as to whether we'll be going before the Olympics too.

This is definitely why it's called 'waiting child' - we do the waiting!!

The Carmodys said...

Praying for that same miracle for you Tammy!

k

Danielle said...

Oh GOOD!! Everything is crossed for you Tammy!!!

Nikki said...

Oh Tammy- I can just imagine how you must be feeling!! Crossing my fingers that it comes SOON!

Dianne said...

Hoping hard for you Tammy!!

Anonymous said...

I will be praying.

Deanna said...

I hope you do get to go to China in June, which is only next month!!
How exciting....
We are hoping along with you that you get to go bring Evan home in June.

Deanna

Isabelle Boudreau said...

Praying so hard for you Tammy!!!! It will happen, the letter will come so you can travel in June I just know it!!