Wednesday, April 30, 2008

When?

Today I feel sad. It's been 113 days since we saw Evan's face for the first time. I don't know if people understand what this feels like...imagine giving birth and seeing your child's face for the first time - it is so exciting - you are overcome with love for this child - you cry because you can't believe this child is yours...and then....they take the baby away.

Sure you have pictures.

But imagine not holding or seeing your child again for 113 days! Not only that, but we haven't heard ONE WORD about Evan since January. We don't know anything about how he is doing, what his life is like, how he is being cared for...nothing!

Every day waiting for any tiny tidbit of news that will bring you closer to you child and everyday hearing...nothing. Day after day, week after week, month after month.

I want Evan to come home.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh Tammy, I can completely relate!!! We waited 9 months from referral to picking Zia up and it was emotional hell. I don't wish that feeling on anyone.

I hope that they will send you an update on Evan soon so you can at least have more pictures and some info to hold you over until you can go and get him. Keep hanging in there! If there is one thing I learned from our insanely long wait its that the longest waits always produce the sweetest rewards. Zia is proof!!!

--Danielle

The Carmodys said...

I feel your pain Tammy. You're in my thoughts and prayers today.

k

Isabelle Boudreau said...

I so feel your pain Tammy. We've been staring at pictures since November 9th...Be strong, our children need us to stay strong for them...

Is Eight Enough? said...

Tammy,

I am praying for you. That you will feel peace about this wait and that this Evan will be home very soon!! Also, that miraculously you will get some form up update on his progress and his life in the O. Praying for a surprise phone call saying you are off to get him!!

Love, Justine

sandi said...

I totally know that pain. Each day waiting for my boys was very hard...
I really hope and pray that you will hear you can travel and have him in your arms soon!!!!

Sandi