Friday, April 18, 2008

A sparkle of hope!

There are rumors flying around - exciting ones!
Chris and I found out our dossier is in Review and may even possibly be finished being reviewed and moved on to the next step - LETTER SEEKING CONFIRMATION - which is what we have been waiting for! We can't go anywhere or move on with our adoption until we have this letter from China!

Chris and I were talking this morning about the activities/events we have coming up and we have 3 big ones happening by May 25th. The time will fly by trying to those events successfully completed. And then, only 2 weeks until China (or thereabouts!).

I am trying, trying, trying to get jobs on my list done to prepare for China but I don't have a lot of gumption. I told a friend the other day, "All I want to do is lay in bed and dream about Evan".

I did get my garden cleaned out and ready for spring. That feels good!

We got the swingset back in order with getting new hardware for the swings, etc... It still needs to be braced but we'll wait until the ground settles more.

We dug out the BBQ and the patio furniture, cleaned it all and put in on the back deck.

I went through Caleb and Dylan's clothes - yes, Caleb has lots for summer so I don't have to worry about that before the trip.

Our little foster girl is going to be staying with us for a while so I organized Alyssa's closet to fit 2 little girls and made some "longer term" bedroom arrangements.

So, slowly, I am getting things done - I am afraid to show Chris my list because he'll freak out. I know he's busy and works hard and when he comes home at night (or weekends) he doesn't want to be painting, cleaning out basements, taking trips to the dump, building things but I can't seem to get it all done myself with 4 kids running around me (and about 5 neighbourhood kids at any given time!!)

Enough rambling...the great news is...our dossier is getting reviewed and we should be hearing positive news VERY SOON!!!!! What will it be like to finally see Evan for real????????

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You know... for a while, this almost didn't seem "real". Now, since the last 2 phone calls to you and the e-mails... HOLY COW!!
IT'S REAL!! LOL
and now I'm starting to freak out!
Have you gotten the citizenship stuff done yet? We just started it, way more involved than the last time.
I have to get the rooms ready...buy a new stove.. (mine caught on fire the other day)enlarge the kitchen to fit 4 kids... oh... the list grows...
Krista

Anonymous said...

What great news about Evan!! I was hoping to buy 3 tickets from Dylan. Are you going to the hockey party on Sunday? If you are I can pay for them then, if not I can send the money to school with Sarah. I'll look forward to seeing Evan chase Alyssa through the rink next season.

Krista MacEachern

Is Eight Enough? said...

I am so hoping for you!!! Every day I look on my Google Reader to see if you have posted and then zoom over to find out the newest news! One day we will make a trip across Canada and we WILL be visiting you!!!

You know me - the Road Trip Queen! :o)

Can't wait for your next update!

The Carmodys said...

Sounds very promising Tammy. The list will have to wait! :)

k

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Placa de VĂ­deo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://placa-de-video.blogspot.com. A hug.