Sunday, April 6, 2008

Getting on with it!

Still kind of bummed about the whole adoption news but can't do anything about it from my end so onward and upward...

I have been asked to go to a local Jr. High School tomorrow to do 2 presentations on adoption and the needs of children worldwide. I guess they are discussing ways for couples to grow their families and the big increase in international adoption. The kids were asking tons of questions about why there are so many children available for adoption in other countries, what happens to the children who are not adopted, what the adoption process is like, etc... I'm looking foward to going - I always love to talk about adoption anyway and maybe I can scout out some new babysitters...ha ha ha (since my regular one is going away for the summer - boo hoo!!)

I did talk with my agency director tonight and she said she is doing everything she can to make sure our file is reviewed quickly and our LSC is sent. She also said she had tried locals in Liuzhou city, her brother (who lives in China) her guide and some others trying to get information for our families who are adopting from Liuzhou Orphanage but she has had no luck at all. She told me a couple of other things about that but I don't want to write them here publically.

This is what I know for certain: I believe with all my heart that God hand picked this little boy for us - no matter what "issues" we may face when he comes home, no matter what "needs" he has, no matter what "time" he physically joins our family, God chose us as his family. So there is a sort of peace within that whatever is ahead of us we will be able to handle it and we are the right family for our Evan. Now that's not to say there's not an hour that goes by that I don't think about him, pray and wish with all my heart that we were leaving tomorrow to bring him home but I do know God is way bigger than my mind or heart.

...not that I'm counting or anything but it has been 58 days since I first saw Evan's picture...

And the wait continues...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

46 days for us.....
Tammy, I had no idea that this would be so hard!!
Krista

cara said...

I hope things get going soon. Can you e-mail me your address and more info about the Wii drawing your son is doing. I would like to enter, but I want to send a check. Cara www.norbycjukraineangel.blogspot.com
norbycj@hotmail.com

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

You are a strong, strong woman, Tammy. I love the way you always end up looking at the positive side and focus on the fact that you were chosen as Evan's family. That kind of attitude will see you through this difficult wait. Stay strong!

And good luck with your presentation! You'll do a wonderful job!!

Susan Nelson said...

And we wait. Waiting with you friend!
Susan