Thursday, April 10, 2008

A message from Caleb....

Hi! My name is Caleb. I am 11 years old and I live in Cornwall. Our family is really excited because we are adopting a brother from China. We already adopted my little sister 3 years ago from China so I am happy we are doing it again!

This time, my mom and dad are taking me with them. I can’t wait to see my brother for the very first time! He is 5 years old and he was born with a cleft lip and palate. Both have been repaired and from looking at his pictures, you can only see 2 small scars.

My brother is in the care of the Children’s Welfare Institute of Liuzhou in Guangxi Province. It is a large orphanage with many children. My mom has been finding out lots of information about the orphanage and although the nannies do their very best it is still hard to take care of all the children. The orphanage needs more things like baby formula, food for the older children, clothes for the kids, safe cribs, toys and more nannies to hold and love the kids!

I wanted to do something that could help the orphanage and we decided to have a raffle to raise money. The prize is a brand new Wii System. It comes with the Wii System, a controller and the awesome game, Wii Sports!

All the money I raise will go to help the children living with my brother. I hope I can make a difference for those children. They need many things and I want them to be happy.

We will be going to China in June to pick up my little brother and I will give the donation money to the Orphanage Director when I am there.

Thank you for helping me!!!

Caleb MacKinnon

DRAW DATE: May 14, 2008 ~ TICKETS: $5/each or 3 for $10

11 comments:

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Caleb,
Please sign me up for 3 tickets! I will pay your mom when I see her next.

Your brothers and sister are lucky to have a great big bro like you!

Is Eight Enough? said...

Caleb,

I think it is wonderful that you are raising money! Your parents should be proud of your giving heart!!

Please sign us up for 3 tickets. I will pay through your mom's donate button.

By the way, Caleb, can you tell your mom to check out my blog? *smile* Thanks!

Blessings,
Justine
http://sixboysandalittlelady.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Tammy, I will pm you for your addy. Our family would like to send you a cheque for 15 tickets. Caleb, you impressed the socks off my kids. They want you to know that you'll have so much fun with Mrs. Yulin in China. We are all so excited for your big adventure!

Shelley in BC
Mom to James (12), Faith (7) and Garnet (3) from Ningxia (in the cold, dry north)

cara said...

Caleb, I just mailed you a check for 9 tickets. Keep your eye out for it. I have a nephew named Caleb. He is 8. Cara

Deb said...

Stopped by snugglebugs last night to drop off some money for some tickets but they were closed. I'll just mail it.
Thanks Tam for trying to gather up some accessories, it is going to be a fun time for everyone.
Posting Calebs raffel on my side bar sometime this weekend.
His letter made me cry.....which isn't hard these day ;O)

Nikki said...

Hi Tammy. If you get a chance, please check out my blog and read the "Discouraged" post- I need advice!! I left a comment about this before to you, but I am just feeling SO discouraged and getting ZERO support from my parents (well, my mom more specifically) and I would just love to hear the thoughts of someone who understands!!

Nikki said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I so needed that. It is so frustrating at times, but it makes me feel so much better knowing that at least some people understand!! Thanks Tammy :)

Dawn and Dale said...

Hi Caleb!!

We have 4 boys and just adopted a little girl from the BC Ministry. (We were in line for China and then switched to do a provincial adoption just before Christmas!!)

Our 4 boys are right now saving their money for a Wii so when I saw your post I knew I wanted to help support you and your brothers orphanage!

We will buy 3 tickets as well!! :)

Blessings!!

Dawn, Dale,

Chase, Colton, Caden, Carter and Charla!!

(BC Canada)

Dawn and Dale said...

Hi Caleb!!

I just paid using your mom's donate button!! :)

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy, tell Caleb I will send him a cheque for $10 to buy some tickets for the draw he is doing!

Anonymous said...

that last comment was sent by Dawn...LOL