Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I just REALIZED!

I talked with our agency director (who can do just about anything in the China adoption world!!) 2 days ago and she said our file was going to be reviewed right away. Then she slipped in "we are now hoping you travel in May or June" - okay...so did she REALLY mean there was a possibility of traveling in May or did she just throw that line out there like we would say "it cost a buck or two"! There is a HUGE difference between May or June - I don't know if she said it casually or if she actually meant it! HELP!

So the last few days people have been asking when we were traveling to China and I would say "not till June" and everyone keeps saying "Oh, that's not far away at all!" And in my slump of feeling sorry for myself, I must have forgot to notice what date it actually is. I mean, people, it's already April 9th! So, most likely we will be heading to China in 2 months or LESS!

Now, I understand in the "adoption world" 2 months is endless - I really do! But, let's take 2 months in my family's perspective - days and weeks fly by at our house because we have so much going on:

-both of us are working full time right now

-we have a foster child living with us (under school age)

-we have 3 of our own children

-our children are involved in basketball, skating (hockey camps), dance lessons (both girls), guitar lessons, art class, homework club, wrestling club (yes, both boys - like they need to learn how to wrestle!! Please, they could teach the class!)

-throw in family activity time and date nights for Chris and I (we do try at least one night a week! - I know that sounds like a lot but keep in mind we could go the whole day without speaking to each other except to say what needs to be done and ask who will be driving who to what activity only to fall into bed at night exhausted!)

-throw in Chris's overtime and his 2nd job and you can see that our days and weeks melt away before our very eyes!

So, in our life, 2 months or LESS will be here in a blink of an eye! Isn't that exciting??!! I just REALIZED that today!!! Then I started to think about all the things that will need to happen before June (in our daily lives and in preparation for the trip) and I realized I needed to get my butt in gear!

-We have a huge TOONIE SALE event that is happening to raise money for our new son's orphanage (we are raising money for several children to have surgeries and therapy)

-Caleb is still working hard on his Wii Raffle to raise money for his brother's orphanage

-Our 2nd Annual Kids Carnival is coming up for our family charity (Two Homes One Heart) and there is LOTS of planning to do for that

-we have to finish getting our needles to travel - mine are done but both Chris and Caleb need theirs
-we have to figure out our finances and see what we have to pay to complete the adoption, how much we will need for the trip and how much we have to leave here to cover our bills and expenses for those who will be looking after our kids

-we have to make child care arrangements - we are hoping Alyssa and Dylan can go to their Aunt and Uncle's house for the 1st week and then my Dad is coming over from NS for the 2nd week.

-we need to make all arrangements for school and extra curricular activities

-we may need to figure something out for our foster child - depending on how long she is with us

-we need to go through our summer clothes since it's VERY HOT in Guangxi and see what still fits Caleb, what we have for Evan, what still fits us...

-we need to make packing lists

-we need to figure out our flights

-and on and on....


So, as you can see (or read) I need those 2 months or LESS!!!

I am really excited right now but I'm sure once I completely grasp what has to be done I will be more like this...


7 comments:

Tao's Mommy said...

That is wonderful news Tammy!!! Like I said Yulin can work magic...she can literally move mountains!! I know you will be travelling with the rest of the Guangxi families....yayyyy!!!! And your right. Nanning will be very HOT (I was there in August) and very humid...so pack "light" clothing.
Start packing hunny!!!!

HUGS

Unknown said...

THIS IS SO WONDERFUL!!
so much to do so little time!

Krista

Is Eight Enough? said...

You have just got to where I have been wallowing *grin*. I have so much to do that it is killing the waiting time til our referral. Sometimes I wonder if I will have enough time to do all I need to before we go for our children!! LOL!!

Can't wait for your little guy to be home!

Justine

Louise said...

Oh my word Tammy. I can feel the excitement. I can hardly believe how fast time has travelled to April 9th already. This "buzz' is just the beginning. Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

If Yulin said that it could be May or June, then don't be shocked if you are on a plane in May. Really!

Happy list making and packing!

Shelley P. in BC

Deb said...

OM MY WORD! I'm a mix of emotions for you Tammy! AHHHH! Yay! Your going to have your son home for summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok I'll say a prayer for everything!

Ps. I think the Wii contest is a great idea. Might I link it to my blog?
We have a little fundraising thing goin on and would love a little plug as well!!!??? Not for funds but unused treasures..I have it posted on my blog if you want to have a look.

geminirn said...

We just returned from Guangxi four weeks ago,we stayed in Nanning,it was BEAUTIFUL and the weather was very nice,we were there from March 9th-16th.......so pack very light clothing as it will be VERY warm in May/June....the shopping was fantastic!!!
Three of the children in our travel group were from the same SWI as your little guy is from,they were all very healthy children.
Hope you have your little guy in your arms soon.
Big hugs from across the water!!