Tuesday, November 27, 2007

This and that...

I couldn't download all the pictures from our Dinner & Concert so I'll post them tomorrow...

We were able to raise $1770 at the Dinner so that is great! It was a really fun night and the food and music was fantastic. We had so much food and everyone raved about how good it was! People from different countries (Korea, China, Iran, Belize, Kenya, Jamaica, Canada, Thailand....) offered their time and made delicioius "ethnic" dishes from their homelands. The musicians were great and they at least were able to get the kids up dancing! I think the adults had bellies that were too full :-(

A very special thanks to the MANY amazing people who helped with our event by cooking, the musicians (Scott Parsons and the Walter Young Trio, Joey Kitson and Ninth Hour) and to Victoria, Lucas, Kate, Peggy and all the guys who helped with set up and tear down and helping look after our children! Thanks to Dianne and Lynn for your help, too.

So, christmas is right around the corner...I haven't been feeling the Christmas spirit for some reason! I guess I can't actually believe it's only 4 weeks away! We decided this year that all our christmas gifts would be bought from families who are trying to raise money for their own adoptions. It's easier spending the money this way as we know we are directly helping bring other children to their forever families. Our friends are adopting from Ukraine and they are making some really awesome things for children's bedrooms. I'm going to get something for all my neices and nephews! I found another great website that is selling beautiful chinese ornaments and they will make special gifts, too! All procceds will go to 6 different families who are adopting. As for our own kids...Chris and I talked with the kids and explained we were trying to save money for their little sister's adoption and we asked them to try and think of gifts they would like that might cost around $20. This way, we could get them a few gifts rather than one expensive gift. They weren't sure how they felt about that. They want to help as much as they can but they are also thinking "But it's Christmas!!" My 9 year old gave me his wish list yesterday and his top 5 items were: i-Pod shuffle, PS2, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo Wii and a MP3 Player. Hmmmm, I don't think he got the concept!

More later....

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Wow, that's awesome that you raised so much money- congratulations!!!
Nikki

Nikki said...

Oh, I forgot to add.. if you find any good xmas gifts idea with the money going to a good cause would you be able to link it? I am trying to do the same thing and would love to see some options!
Nikki