Saturday, November 3, 2007

Getting butterflies already!

I remember when we were going through our first adoption I would always get butterflies in my stomach thinking about how close we were to finding out who are daughter would be. Well, our file is not even in Ethiopia yet and I'm already getting a daily dose of butterflies. I just can't believe we are actually adopting again and it's moving along so quickly this time. Last time, it took 12 months for our file to finally arrive in China (from the beginning of our homestudy until our log-in date). This time it has only taken 2 months so that's a huge difference for us. Usually referrals come very quickly for toddler age children so we are hoping to see our new daughter's face in the next month or so. (this may be a bit optimistic but I'm holding on to it for now!)


So, knowing our daughter is in Ethiopia somewhere right now and we are so close to knowing who she is gives me major butterflies. So far, I'm still sleeping very well at night but I know from our last experience there will be weeks of such excitement and emotion that I won't sleep at all. It's so exciting....


2 comments:

Julie M. said...

Tammy, I remember I would always get butterflies too thinking about getting our referral! I hope you will see your little ones face soon!

Shari McKeown said...

Hi Tammy, thanks for your comment on my blog, we've requested a boy less than 12 months from Ethiopia - it's exciting that our files were sent to Kidslink at the same time - who knows, maybe we'll travel at similar times.
Best of luck in getting your referral quickly!

www.mckeownmultiplied.blogspot.com