Thursday, November 15, 2007

I would gather children...

I would gather children...

Some would gather money
Along the path of life,
Some would gather roses,
And rest from worldly strife.

But I would gather children
From among the thorns of sin,
I would seek a golden curl,
And a freckled, toothless grin.

For money cannot enter
In that land of endless day,
And roses that are gathered
Soon will wilt along the way.

But oh, the laughing children,
As I cross the sunset sea,
And the gates swing wide to heaven
I can take them in with me!


Thank you to the many friends and fellow bloggers who have emailed me, called me and prayed for our family. I truly believe God has chosen this time for us to adopt and no matter what happens with our own personal adoption, I choose to trust him and his timing. I'm certain he has a great plan for our family and we will go day by day as he reveals it to us.

We are still in the midst of a great battle and we feel a very real fear as our adoption proceeds so please continue to pray for our strength and for the many, many children who need to find their way home.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Thinking of you guys and hoping that whatever this issue is, it can be ironed out quickly so you can proceed with your adoption without having to worry. Hang in there. :-)

--Danielle

Jenn said...

I saw your comment on my blog, so I thought I'd pop over here to "meet" you! Your family is absolutely gorgeous!!

I will be praying as you go through this battle. I truly believe that Satan is on the prowl when we try to bring orphans into our homes, he is against anything that God has planned.

I will be watching your journey with anticipation! Thanks for your comment!

(pssst...we passed court, the girls are ours!! Thanks for praying!)

Lisa, Pierre, Marika,Karelle, Yakim, Tarik and Zavier said...

Your thoughts are with us and we hope that you win the battle with your province....

Can't wait to meet you in person someday.

Lisa