Tuesday, November 11, 2008

3 more sleeps!

I forgot to mention....November is National Adoption Month and our PEI Adoption Coalition initiated media exposure to bring awareness and share in celebrating our Island families who have adopted or been adopted (domestically and internationally). The first set of stories will be featured in The Guardian on Saturday. Don't forget to pick up a copy!

First off... if Bethany Dobbertin is reading this, please send me your email! I'd love to chat with you about our children and find out if they are from the same orphanage!! My email is tammymackinnon@pei.sympatico.ca.

We are down to 3 sleeps until Evan's surgery...he is having his fistula closed (hole in his palate) and dental surgery. I'm not sure how many teeth they are removing - I think about 4 or 5. We are taking Alyssa with us and Caleb and Dylan will be staying with a few different families but they are very excited about all the sleepovers with their friends/cousins!!

Evan is very excited about having his "hole closed" (as he says). He's happy to know I will be sleeping in the room with him and Alyssa will be there to play games with us. We are taking his beloved Gamecube so he and daddy can play MarioCart!

I had a great time meeting some amazing, wonderful families at the Adoption Training Conference this weekend. There were so many moving adoption stories...I love hearing them!

I can't believe we are down to 44 days until Christmas and 90 days until Evan's "happy birthday". (he always calls it that) For some reason, Evan LOVES to countdown for events. We counted down Alyssa and Dylan's birthdays, Halloween, his surgery, still counting for Christmas, Caleb's birthday and of course, his birthday. Any time I mention something we are going to be doing, he says "how many is that?"

Still...can you believe Christmas is only 44 days away!!!!!! My friend Carolyn talked about this on her blog and I thought I would check back and see what was happening...she went back one year on her blog to see what was going on in her life...I went back one year ago and it's hiliraous to see how much things have changed and what God has done in our lives...this is what I wrote ONE YEAR AGO...

Our file is being translated RIGHT NOW!

Kids Link emailed me to let me know our file was sent to Ottawa 2 days ago to be translated, legalized and authenticated! We are so thrilled!!! Let's pray for a very quick turn around in Ottawa and then it can finally head to Ethiopia!!!

Waiting very anxiously for our sweet girl!

Isn't that weird??? Yup! One year ago we were submitting our dossier for a little girl from Ethiopia!! Now, one year later, we are home with our sweet BOY from China and he is so amazing! I would never have guessed one year ago that this is where God would lead us or what he had prepared for us!!!!

Please say a prayer for sweet Evan as he goes in for his surgery.

~Tammy

2 comments:

Monique said...

I am sure Evan will do just fine with his surgery and you will too! He's a real sweet little guy and you are so blessed to have such a beautiful family.
Hugs,
Monique

The Carmodys said...

Keeping Evan and you in our thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted.

Hard to believe how much has changed in your life from just one year ago - wow. God's plan always turns out to be WAY better than our own though doesn't it???

k