Sunday, November 16, 2008

Oh Bummer!

Darn it all...we are back in the hospital with Evan. We were discharged yesterday afternoon but we decided to stay in halifax to see how Evan would do before we made the 4 hour drive back to PEI. Evan was so sick all night...he wouldn't/couldn't drink anything and he kept throwing up. He was still doing that this morning so we brought him back to IWK and they said we should stay here again for the night and get some fluids (via IV) into him.

It is now 9:00 pm and he is so much better!!! He is much less cranky (praise the Lord!!!) and has been eating lots of squishy foods (soup, pudding, ice cream....). I'm sure we'll be able to leave tomorrow morning and head back to PEI.

Evan's lips are back to normal and now we can see inside his mouth to see the hole (or that there isn't a hole anymore). It all looks really good.

On another note...I start a new job this week - my training starts on Wednesday so hopefully all will be well with Evan by then. I will be working with Canadian Blood Services and I'm really excited to be working for them and to have steady (but part-time!) employment. I'll be working 3 days a week which should be perfect as it still leaves me days off with Evan and Alyssa and time to get all the other household stuff/errands done!

Also.... A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DAD - he turns 60 today!!! I wish we could have all gone down to Digby, NS to celebrate with him but we aren't able. Dad and mom did come to visit Evan and us yesterday in the hospital so it was very nice to see them!!

Hopefully next time I update, we'll all be home in PEI!!

Thanks again for your well wishes and prayers!

4 comments:

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Sorry to hear of that setback, Tammy. Glad to hear he's recovered so quickly though.

I'm sure you're anxious to get back home. We're having a major rain/wind storm tonight.

Good luck with your new job!! I would LOVE to see your resume...talk about a woman of MANY hats!!

Take care and hope to see you soon.
Big hugs to Evan!

Anonymous said...

Hey buddy:
Glad to here your operation went well and that you're feeling better after that rough batch.
Say hi to your mom and dad and tell them Sam J and his mom are thinking about ya and praying lots. Have a safe trip back to PEI.

(Tell Caleb, Sam J says hi!)

Sam J from Saskatchewan (and his mom Tracy)

Deb said...

Glad everything went well, sorry to hear he was a bit under the weather. Hopefully by the time you read this your in the comfort of your own home.

Congrats on the new job!
Hugs,
Deb and Shane

Monica said...

Wow - I haven't checked your blog for a while and did I ever miss a lot!

I'm glad Evan's surgery went well and that he's bouncing back from his setback.

Congrats on the new job! It sounds great!