Sunday, November 9, 2008

On my own...

Hey!
I'm in Memrmamcook this weekend (just outside Moncton, NB) for an Adoption Training Conference. I was asked to be a Parent Liaison for PEI by the Adoption Council of Canada. They are doing a pilot project on implementing post adoption support groups in each of the Canadian provinces so the training is designed to help the Parent Liaisons set up groups, network, have workshops on different adoption issues, etc...

I've met a great group of ladies (and 1 man) from NS, NB, PEI and Nfld. It's been nice to be put up in a hotel for the weekend and to hear other amazing adoption stories from these families!!!

Chris is home on the range with all the hooligans and all is well!!! Even Nathan is over for the weekend (our 19 year old who lived with us for MANY years!) so the kids are very excited about that.

Enjoy the weekend!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I stumbled upon your blog because I googled adoption Children’s Welfare Institute of Liuzhou in Guangxi Province. We are currently waiting for our LOA for our daughter that I believe may be in the same orphanage as your son was. This is our first adoption and I have so many questions. Especially if you know the exact orphanage. Can you contact me by email when you have time? I am guessing from the Bible verses on your blog that we have something more than adoption in common :)