Sunday, November 30, 2008

Phew...let's take a breather!

Life has been an absolute whirlwind these last 2 weeks! I started my new job and have been training every day. I'm not used to working full time outside the home and it's been a huge adjustment with all the crazies, I mean kids, to take care of at home! This week will be my last official week of training and then I go back to only 3 days a week. That will be a much more manageable schedule for all of us!

Alyssa and Evan also started at a new babysitter's so that was an adjustment, although I have to say they are really enjoying it! It definitely helps that they have each other and they seem to be two peas in a pod! I can't believe the difference in how they interact together...honestly, in the summer Alyssa was just so distressed about Evan and all the attention she perceived he was getting and she wasn't (of course this was her perception, not reality). Now, they spend hours together every day playing, coloring, doing crafts, etc... What I find really cute is Evan will play barbies with Alyssa and then next time I check Alyssa will be playing soccer with Evan or trying out the gamecube (which she NEVER did before Evan came home).

The other day we were driving in the van and I overheard Alyssa say "Evan, isn't it good that there are 2 of us from China in our family!"...oh, I love that they share a connection!

Dylan had a hockey tournament this weekend (I totally forgot the camera!!) and it was crazy busy! He had 5 games and they took 2nd place overall. I LOVE to watch Dylan play hockey but I'm so competitive that it actually stresses me out a bit :-) I'm also coaching Caleb's basketball team so this has added to our crazy schedule. His b'ball team is for boys ages 10-11 and there are 18 of them! They are an amazing group of boys! Dylan just joined the team as well but he has never played b'ball before so he's having fun learning the game.

There's been so much I've wanted to post about but just haven't had the time to sit down at the computer and think clearly. Even now it's 10:00 pm and I'm frantically typing so I can get to bed (early work morning). Maybe in the next few days, I'll get a chance to write some of what's going on inside this complex brain of mine...ha ha ha...

Can anyone out there really believe Christmas is only 25 days away? Like, really, how did that happen!!??

No comments: