Thursday, November 20, 2008

Home Sweet Home

well, we all got home on Monday and Evan is doing fabulous! He started coming around on Monday and by Tuesday he was back to himself. So far, so good! We've even noticed a difference already in his speech...clear sounds instead of nasally.

I started the new job...I think I'm really going to enjoy it. Finished the "bookwork" training part and now I get to job shadow for 2 weeks...so anyone who has been thinking of giving blood or plasma, give us a call and you can come in and visit us!!! (1-888-2-DONATE)

We're working on an amazing website and our plan is to "launch" it by the end of November in honor of National Adoption Month. It will focus on all adoption related issues, book resources, support groups and events happening in PEI (related to adoption or cultural activities for our children), and lots more. The focus of the website will be on adoption in general, not just international. We will include whatever we can on domestic, private and international. Stay tuned...I'll post the link when it's ready to be seen by the world! :-)

THANK YOU for all your kind, wonderful emails, phone calls and comments during Evan's surgery. He is such an incredible little guy! For any and all of you who read my blog...I truly encourage you to consider the waiting child program! Not only in China but in any country...there are so many amazing, healthy children available through these programs and each and every one deserves the love of a family.

Okay...enough of the lecture...enjoy your night!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear Evan is home and doing well.

And yes, I totally agree with about adopting from the waiting child program. Our Sam is nothing but a delight and my SIL said, he is such a joyous child.

I know you'll do great at your new job and say hi to Chris and Caleb for me.

TracyJ

Deanna said...

Happy to hear that you all made it home and that Evan is doing so well...he has a great family taking good care of him.

Deanna

The Carmodys said...

Glad to hear you're all home safe and sound and that Evan is doing so well.

k

Unknown said...

So happy that the surgery went well and everyone is home safe and sound!

We had a great dr. report with Hanlin this week! Good news for everyone.
krista

Bethany said...

Hi, its Bethany Dobbertin again. Thanks so much for posting so that I could find you. I did send you an email to that address but since I hadn't heard from you I thought either it went to your junk mail or you are just really busy right now. So I am dying to email with you. Whenever you have a chance drop me a note. I hope you are all doing well. bdobbertin@gmail.com