Thursday, March 27, 2008

Screaming at the world...

I am still really struggling with my anxiety and anxiousness with this wait.

I just feel so overwhelmed with wanting people to understand and care about all the children who are broken, hurt, hopeless, orphaned, abandoned, unloved...sometimes I just want to scream it out loud "Don't you care? Doesn't anyone care?"

I was at Walmart the other day and there was little Chinese boy about 5 or 6. Alyssa happened to be standing near him and when I glanced over it was like I was sucker-punched. It just hit me that my son is waiting for me...he will look like this little boy...he and Alyssa will soon be playing together, shopping at Walmart together...and all of a sudden I just wanted to scream "My son is not here with me, doesn't anyone care?" "Can't anyone help me bring him home!"

I think I take it personally when people (whether I know them or not) don't feel this same passion or don't take a stand to help these children. Two of my precious children came to me orphaned, alone and longing for a family. I believe in their value, their potential, their sweetness, their joy, their love. I believe growing up in a nurturing home can make all the difference in their little lives.

It's personal because are my children not worthy of someone's time, effort and money to give them hope, love? My children represent 143 million orphaned children around this world.

Why are people not falling all over themselves to change the lives of these children????
How can we live each day in this society and not be compelled to do something to change the plight of millions of children???

If I had a baby in my arms and told people "you have to take care of this child or he will die..." or "you have to take care of this child or she will grow up broken, alone, hopeless, without anyone wiping her tears and sharing her laughter..." would people just look at the baby and walk away? Could they?

There has to be a way to change this...we are a society full of connected, wealthy, high-tech people...every person only has to give a little...can each person not sacrifice just a little????

I really need my son to come home...I really need to go to those children and hold them, love them, cherish them, provide nurture and care for them....who will join me?

3 comments:

Nikki said...

It's sad... it really is. When I tell a story of something I saw in the DR or something about my sponsor kids, a lot of people kind of roll their eyes and make comments- "You can't save them all!", etc. It's caused me to really hesitate talking about it, which is sad. I guess that's why my blog is such an outlet.

Nikki said...

Thanks Tammy- that was sweet. It is nice to know that there are other people out there who feel the same way!

Family of Four said...

I truly can say I undersatnd how you feel. We just returned with our second daughter from Liuzhou, Guangxi and our firsta was adopted in March 2004 from Bengbu, Anhui, PRC. Our blog is www.thesweeneyfamily.blogspot.com
We also used Adele at Blessed Kids and she came through for us with updated pictures, measurements etc. we also received pictures from six months to 15 months, one per month and two disposable cameras to boot! We did not get any of this the firts time around so it will be nice for our daughter to have all of these photos. You can email me if you have any questions at msweeney@nb.sympatico.c. We live in northern NB!!