Monday, May 25, 2009

Sweet little thing...

**Update: Evan is out of surgery and I'm told it went really well. I can't see much right now...lips and nose are swollen. He is sore but sleeping with all those great meds! :-)


I just left the hospital. Evan is fast asleep and they have begun his surgery. It should take about 4 hours. They are telling me it will be very painful for a few days. They are taking bone from his hip (which is the most painful part) and then they'll make it into a putty like substance and fill in his palate.

I was able to go in with Evan while they put him to sleep. I've been lucky...every time one of my children had to be put to sleep they have let me in the operating room. I always feel so much better holding their hand and being the last face they see as they drift off.

I'm sure everything will go wonderfully. I'm heading back to set up his room and put up some balloons and get out his blankie and pillow.

Have a great day....
Tammy

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope everything goes well and he's not in too much pain. Kids heal so quickly so hopefully he'll be up and around and chatting up a storm in no time!
Peggy

Anonymous said...

It was great seeing you guys yesterday. I've gone in when Alyssa has been put to sleep both times also. I think it was harder the second time I did it though. I'll be asking to go in again next week too. She's more comfy with mama there cuz it's scary for them. Hope everything goes as planned and he enjoys some mommy/son time with you.
Deanna

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Thinking of you guys , Tammy. Hope everything goes well. Please keep us posted on Evan's progress.
xo

Daddy said...

I love you, Evan. I am glad mommy is there with you.

Dad XO XO

Sharla said...

I pray that all goes well. He is in good hands.

Anonymous said...

Take care, dear Evan. Sending lots of good wishes and prayers to you and your mom.

Tracy and Sam Janzen

Kelly said...

I hope everything goes well. I've been thinking of you all day.

Kell

Anonymous said...

Glad everything went well. I'm sure he'll bounce back quickly. I'll be watching for updates. It was nice to see you yesterday.
Take care,
Aunt Marilyn

Nicole Bellefleur said...

Wishing dear little Evan a speedy recovery!

Nicole

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear things went well. I've been praying for you two!

Shelley P. in BC