Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Life is so unpredictable

Evan and I got home last Wednesday. Life has thrown us some curves...very sad and unnerving curves.

I will say Evan is a real trooper and is doing well! His swelling has gone down and his face is looking much, much better! He is definitely still favoring his sore hip and tonight we take the bandages off to reveal the "big scar" :-)

So as far as Evan goes...all is good...each day is getting stronger and feeling more like himself.

As for the other things life is throwing at us...we are dealing with a very sad death and some very emotional things with our oldest, oldest son. I wish I could share more details as I would love to ask for advice but right now we are trying to sort through some of the issues.

Do you ever feel like there is something "more" you should be doing but it seems so huge it doesn't seem possible? I have been feeling like this for quite awhile now. In the last few months different situations have come up that keep pointing me in a certain direction. Yet, the direction seems too impossible...how do you know when to give up everything for the "something" that might mean everything? Confused? YES, SO AM I!!

Enjoy the sun today!

4 comments:

Corrie said...

So glad to hear that Evan is doing well.

As for the other trails going on in your life, we shall be praying for your family.

Know that the one who created this universe holds you in the palm of his hand.

Unknown said...

HI Tammy,
I've been thinking of you! I'm sending as many positive thoughts your way as I can.....
Krista

Danielle said...

Hey Tammy,

Happy to hear that Evan is doing well after his surgery!

I've also been thinking about your family and I hope that whatever happens (and whatever new stuff you are dealing with) will work itself out VERY soon!

--Danielle

Sharla said...

I cannot say that I know what you are going through because I don't know exactly what you're going through but I may have a vague idea. About a year ago, we went through some HUGE things with our oldest - I decided against blogging about them for his privacy but it was tough, just so hard. I pray that you can see your way through and that until things become clearer that you would just be able to get through the days and breathe and get some sleep.