Thursday, October 30, 2008

I'm finally getting a chance to post some photos from the birthdays!



This is sweet Dylan when he was about 8 months old. What an adorable little boy he was!!


Here's our handsome 10 year old Dylan now! The time passes so FAST!


His crazy crew for the party!


Here's our sweet Alyssa before adopted her. This is one of her referral pics and she's about 8 months old. This was the first glimpse we had of our first and only (so far!) daughter!


Now look at this grown up, beautiful girl! What a cutie-pie!
Mommy and Alyssa on her birthday




Alyssa's crazy crew at her party

*************************************************************************
HALLOWEEN PREPARATIONS
So, I hate to complain but my husband has been working non stop, crazy shifts for the last month! I feel like I've been doing everything on my own...he's been working night shifts and the evening shift of 2-10 pm. Now, all parents know how sucky that shift is - it means I have the kids after school, homework time, supper time, extracurricular activity time (for 4 kids), bathtime, and bedtime. By the time he comes home at 10:15 pm, I'm in bed watching a movie or reading...I'm pooped! Anyway...that's life for now so I need to deal with it!
So, tomorrow is Halloween and I had been waiting for a time to carve the pumpkins and get everything ready for Halloween when both Chris and I would be home with the kids. Well, that wasn't possible so tonight the kids and I set up in the kitchen and we carved 3 very beautiful pumpkins if I must say so myself!!!!



Evan is THRILLED that tomorrow is Halloween...he has never experienced Halloween in China and the concept is beyond his comprehension...I mean, he's 5 years old and we are telling him EVERY SINGLE HOUSE in our subdivision will be passing out candy tomorrow night - and he gets to keep it all and eat it all. Really, does it get better than that to a 5 year old????
********
Caleb - dressing up as a monster...he's hoping to lay on our deck and scare kids as they come trick or treating...he tried that last year but soon gave in to the need to get candy instead.
Dylan - a nerd
Alyssa - ballerina
Evan - spiderman (FYI - Evan dresses up as Spiderman everyday! He even goes into town as spiderman)
Daddy - a handsome but dangerous pirate
Mommy - a witch (it's easy!!).
****************************************************************************
TIMEOUTS

I rarely have to put Evan in timeouts, he's very good to listen and hates going to his room when he might miss all the action in the rest of the house! But, tonight the kids were all going a little bananas and mama was getting a tad frustrated and Evan was being just TOO LOUD so I sent him to his room for a few minutes. When I called him back out to the kitchen to finish his supper, he comes running down the hall dressed like this: (yes that's underwear on his head and socks on his hands...I guess he found ways to amuse himself in the timeout!)

Honestly...the kid has such a personality!!!!
Have a HAPPY HALLOWEEN everyone!

2 comments:

Monica said...

Happy Halloween! That is an absolutely priceless photo of Evan!

Great job with the pumpkins!

Deanna said...

Too cute...
The pictures are sweet, you're right they grow up way too fast.