Monday, October 27, 2008

BIRTHDAYS!

We had a busy weekend with our birthday parties! Honestly, I know everyone says this but I can't believe my kids are getting so grown up! Dylan turned 10!!!! To me, he's still that sweet, adorable, chubby 3 year old! And our Alyssa...how could she be 5 years old already??? Seriously, it feels like we just went to China (well, we did - LOL) to get her! And now she is tall, beautiful and not a baby at all anymore!



The parties were lots of fun...believe it or not, Dylan had 16 boys at his party (at our house) and it was awesome! This is a great age where they can entertain themselves and find lots of things to do. It was a beautiful weekend so that helped with having them play street hockey and a BBQ outside!



Alyssa's party was a bit quieter with 5 girls and lots of "girl power"! Still, lots of fun with games, pinatas and cake!

I think they both really enjoyed their special days. Evan is on the countdown to his birthday (it's not until Feb) and he says "only 98 days till my happy birthday!" He's also very excited that his birthday will be in the snow! He's never seen snow before (except the pictures we've shown him) and he CANNOT wait to see it for real! I'm not sure how he'll handle the cold weather because he's already wearing his winter coat, hat and mitts, while the rest of us are still going outside in sweaters!

I'll post some pictures of my birthday kiddos in a bit...next up, Halloween and then Christmas. I just remember last year at this time being so frantic about our adoption and how slow things were moving and would our dossier EVER get sent?? And now, here we are celebrating birthdays, halloween, christmas, etc altogether as a family. It's really nice.

I know there are many of you waiting still for your children...all I can say is the waiting SUCKS but it will happen! And when it does, it is WORTH IT!!!!

Enjoy the day!

2 comments:

The Carmodys said...

Sounds like fun times there. I always find it hard to believe each year my babies turn a year older too! And regarding the wait . . . yes, it sucks but you're right - it's SO worth it! :)

k

Monica said...

Thanks for visiting our blog for our son Ren! It was really nice to see your comment.

What a busy time you've had lately! It sounds so awesome, though, especially compared to the same time last year. How quickly things can change for the better!