Saturday, April 11, 2009

Waiting....

I mentioned a couple of times that Chris and I were thinking of adopting again. Strangely, there has been so much and yet so little happening in this area. Chris and I were told about a child's situation back in October and since that time we have been pursuing the adoption of that child. It is so crazy because when we were told about this particular child, my first words to the SW were, "I'm sorry, I'm going to cry" but Chris' first words were, "what do we have to do to adopt her/him" (sorry, I can't reveal if it's a boy or girl)". This was back in October, only 3 months after adopting Evan. Now, for those of you who know our family and my husband, what a twist of irony for HIM to be the one to suggest adoption!! :-) It's not that I wasn't thinking it, I just didn't dare say it! But because it was something he said first, I knew it was okay to do whatever we could to pursue this adoption.

Unfortunately, I can't give any details at all! Are we any closer to adopting this child? Not really. Is there a chance we will not be able to adopt this child? Absolutely! When we will know anything? Not till May!

What I can say is we have made it very clear that we want to adopt this child and the people involved with this child seem to be working towards that. A lot of stuff is up in the air due to legalalities, courts, laws, etc...

I have been keeping track of all the tiny miracles and opening doors that have brought us to where we are with this child. I have not talked about this adoption very much as it is completely different than our other 2 experiences with adoption. Knowing you want this child so much but having so little control is awful. It's not like you get a referral and then you wait your 1-6 months to travel....this is months of waiting to hear what decisions are being made that will affect this child's life forever.

We have been waiting for news for 7 months...last month I told my friend M about having to wait until May before we heard anything at all and her she told me, "That okay! It gives us more time to pray!" Can you all please remember this child in your prayers? That the people making the decisions for his/her life will make them quickly and not 12 months from now... That he/she can move on to a have a family of his/her own...That he/she is being loved and cared for while he/she waits...

I was sure by now, God,
That you would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "amen"
and it's still raining
as the thunder rolls
I barely hear you whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
And as your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise

And I'll praise you in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise you in this storm

Lyrics from "Praise you in this Storm" by Casting Crowns

5 comments:

Sarah Rodgerson said...

Thinking of you and this child!! Have a happy Easter!

Sarah

Anonymous said...

You know we love you and your family and this child. We are right here beside you, praying God's hand upon this child's life and yours while you wait. We pray for His love, guidance, patience, grace and urgency in all the areas that surround your lives and the child's life. You know He loves this child. I believe ---- was brought into your lives for just such a moment as this. The Heavens are waiting to move.....

-M

Deanna said...

Thinking of you and hoping for the best for both your family and this precious child.

Deanna

Corrie said...

Praying God's will for this child and your family.

Beat Slot Machines said...

I know, that it is necessary to make)))