Monday, March 23, 2009

WINNING!

Well...we made it back from vacation - it was such a drag to come back to ice, snow and cold! The weather in Dominican was beautiful! There's lots I want to write about our trip - mostly our visits to the village and the local school - but I'm going to use this post to finally update my family on Caleb and Dylan's sport's PROVINCIALS. (lots of bragging in this post so beware! I'm a proud mother!)

Dylan's team had AA Hockey Provincials this weekend and it was awesome!! Their team came #1 and what an exciting final game. The score was 2 -2 with only 1 minute to go. We were cheering like crazy and with ONLY 1.1 SECOND left in the game, Dylan's team scored! The crowd went absolutely crazy!!!!

Dylan scored 4 goals this weekend and was name "Player of the Game" during one of the games.

I told you I was a proud mother!

The #1 Atom AA team on PEI! WooHoo!

Dylan in action (he has the pink and green laces - it's so much easier to keep track of him on the ice!)

Go, Dylan, Go!

--
I coached Caleb's basketball team this year - it was a community team for grade 5 & 6 boys. Because I was coaching, Dylan came along to the practices and played some of our games with us. He's never played b'ball before but he picked it up really well! He even got to play in the Provincial championship game as 2 of my players were injured during the game!
--
Caleb loves basketball and had a fantastic year!!! He did so well during the Provincials and I believe he was top scorer in both games. In the end, our team WON provincials! It was absolutely EXCITING!!!! Our team only won by 1 basket so it was a nail biter and more thrilling than the NBA! ha ha (well, to us it was!)
We're #1!!
(Caleb's in the front right and Dylan is just behind him in the red / blue)

Last minute "pep talk" with the boys...only a couple of minutes to go and only up by 2 points - tension was high!

Caleb demonstrating some of his dribbling moves...

More action shots...

Here's little Dylan playing in the final game...I don't know why I say "little Dylan" except that he was so darn cute playing (since he hadn't played before) and he was so quick and so fun to watch.
Caleb on defense (#37)

So, since returning from our vaction, things have been crazy. I've wanted to update the blog so many times but just didn't have the time. Lots of things going on "behind the scenes" right now with adoption but I can't share much at this point. I am SO HOPING I can share in the next few weeks so prayer is always appreciated!!!
---
More to come on our visit to the schools and children in Dominican - lots of photos....

1 comment:

Sammy said...

I loved your post on "Am I crazy?" I've adopted 8 times and boy have I heard it all and often. Thanks for saying so plainly!

www.sammynmick.com